5 items to splurge on.

by

It's about the design, the quality or simply the label? What makes all fashion freaks from around the world bright-eyed and tingle with excitement? Sorry, there isn't only one answer to that question.

You know how one luxury piece can change the story, right? For some of us (read: for me) even a little, well-judged collection of designer clothes and accesaories may ruin the budget but, hey, what do we live for, or something... Hence, I want to present you my strictly selected (!) list of desired, devilishly expensive items I'd buy first, if I won the lottery or I would be willing to save up for.

5 items to splurge on.

  • Prada pointed heels
  • If I had to choose only one thing from my list, I'd undoubtedly opt for Prada pointy heels. I don't think there's any simpler way to transform an average ensemble into a sexy-yet-sophisticated one than by slipping into subtle, quality, well-made pair of shoes. Height of heel scares me, but what is not done for fashion purposes.

  • It bag
  • Please forgive me Chanel Classic Flap Bag, Givenchy Antigona or Celine Trapeze bag but if I had to choose 'the one' I'd go for Decadent bag I saw on sarastrand.no. Its minimalism and timelessness stole my heart. Besides, each time I see Sara sporting that bag, I feel more convinced.

  • Acne leather jacket
  • Preferably this one would be the first to buy if only I could magically reduce its price twice (or five times). As a devoted (yet platonic) Acne Studios fan, I couldn't choose any other brand though All Saints, Saint Laurent or Givenchy have great options.

  • Burberry trench coat
  • Not only this iconic coat will serve you forever, but it's also a closet staple that will make you grin each time you wear it (or cause an anxiety of wearing €1,500, I'm just thinking out loud). In any case, you're not in danger of being overlooked by street style photographers e.g. during fashion weeks.

  • Denim
  • When it comes to jeans, I think a quality, well-fitting pair can be a savior. I especially like black skinny jeans, but Acne Studios 'Pop' in vintage blue hue are those I just had to put on that list. White and black are also great, but you know that too much love will kill you. Awesome cut, classic vintage wash, what's not to like? Maybe the price, but let's skip this point.

    They are way more pieces I wanted to put on that list, but had to stop my extravagance, who knows where it can lead us! Just to sum up, using your brain is usually beneficial, so, unless you're Rockefeller's (or Hilton's) daughter, stick to the rule so as to spend your hard-earned money responsible, clothes are not most important (cliché, I know). Calculating cost per wear may be helpful. Thus, quality, designer goodies may turn out to be reasonable investments.

    Follow on Bloglovin